Thursday, October 18, 2012

Good Morning!

Hi there, and welcome to Vegan in the Morning. 

My name is Jessalyn, and I am fairly new to the Vegan world. My boyfriend, Scott, and I began this journey several months ago for health reasons. I have always loved cooking (and eating!) and want to share my love for good-for-you food, recipes, kitchen adventures, and fitness motivation. 

A little bit about me:



I'm a 20-something living in beautiful Denver, Co with my boyfriend and our two dogs, Beau and Marley. I recently quit my job working in higher education to begin a new path working  in the weight loss industry. I am excited to share my new adventures with you all and hope this blog can be used to help you stay on track and reach your goals.



I enjoy hiking, snowboarding, playing soccer, playing with the dogs, and running. I also enjoy cooking and baking, reading, and bad reality television. I am a native Texan, but we have lived in Denver now for 2 years and love every minute of it.

I have dabbled in vegetarianism since high school,  but going vegan was a step I wasn't sure I could actually do...I love cheese! But cheese doesn't love me, and his other dairy friends aren't that nice to me either. Lucky for me, we have Daiya and nutritional yeast to keep things semi-cheesy! Going vegan has helped me maintain my weight, kicked my tummy troubles, and my skin has improved! I have also been introduced to a new world full of new flavors, recipes, and foods I never would have tried.

A little bit about this blog:

I chose to start this blog to share recipes and ideas, fitness tips and motivation, and our adventures of a healthier life. In just a few short months I have flipped through tons of vegan cookbooks looking for hearty and savory breakfasts, but it seems they are lacking! I cannot start my day off with just a smoothie or something sweet, I used to be a all-American breakfast kind of girl, and need something hot and yummy in the morning to start the day off right! So you can bet that I will be sharing with you some new breakfast ideas to satisfy that need for savory early in the morning. I am also just like my mom, a very early riser, and do my best thinking (and eating) in the morning!

Thank you for reading and come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment